Saturday, September 06, 2008

So as you know, I've been very busy trying to make my deadline for Dark Immortal, and I did it!

But it was a grueling process. This book was very hard to write, and I found myself locked away with my laptop for many, many...many hours while it seemed as if the rest of the world was enjoying the summer.

I hate to say it, but my family suffered. And my friends. And my job. When I wasn't writing, I was distracted, irritable, and clearly my mind was still in another world with my characters.

And so I want today to say THANK YOU to everyone for riding this deadline along with me with patience and understanding, which I appreciate from the bottom of my heart.

I LOVE YOU


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! So adorable! I feel like I've been even more MIA since school started. But I'm so glad you're emerging from the writing cave for some fresh air and hugs from your guys. Lucky you!

Amy Ruttan said...

Oh we love you too!

Congrats on making the deadline! You're little guy is so cute.

I'm halfway done, I'm just peeking out for air.I'm on a roll.

I got another cover too!

J.K. Coi said...

Thanks Maggie, and don't worry you'll get into the groove as soon as you get used to being back at work again.

J.K. Coi said...

Amy, I love your cover, and congratulations, sounds like you're on a roll!

Wylie Kinson said...

Awww... nice family you've got there JK.
It's so hard to juggle writing/motherhood/career/hubby (yes, he inevitably comes last, doesn't he?) but good for you for making it work.

Me? Not so good. I've got the guilt complex a Catholic school girl would envy!! Seems my poor writing always comes in last...
:(

Congrats on making your deadline.