Thursday, September 17, 2009

How My Being Sick Introduces You to Anthropology !

I've been so sick all week. I haven't felt like this in a long time, and I'm just glad that so far my husband and son seem to have avoided it.

At first I thought that being home sick would give me a bit of time to do more writing, but it hasn't worked out that way. I've been too tired to do much of anything except sleep. It also means that I've missed all the good conversations on Twitter and my email has been languishing unread in my inbox. I haven't visited any of my regular blogs and I don't know what books are being picked apart by the Smart Bitches.

So honestly, I have no fodder for a blog today.

I guess I'll leave you with something I found a little while ago. It's by Dr. Michael Wesch of Kansas State University who studies cultural anthropology and is exploring the effect of new media on society. His YouTube Project was very interesting, and I really enjoyed watching the presentation that he gave at the Lincoln Centre in New York from earlier this year. (Yes, I'm a closet anthropology geek--but it's all good)

3 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Hi JK,

I'm so sorry you've been sick. Silly you, thinking you could write while you're half-dead.

Rest, hon. Sleep. And keep hydrated.

Ref: video
That was amazing. I would have liked to have been at the presentation.

J.K. Coi said...

Thanks Maria! Actually, I wasn't at the presentation, but it was taped and you can find it on his website.

Unknown said...

Hi :)
I hope you get better soon.
I'm glad it isn't contagious.
Have you gone to the doctor yet?
Do what it takes to get better.
:)
Love to you & yours,
RKCharron
xoxoxoxoxo
PS - My word verification is gansfurp. Really? LOL