Saturday, June 04, 2011

On the Bookshelf

I've read a few good books in the last few weeks in between the editing and although I'd love to keep reading, I have some writing to get done now. The good thing is, I still have awesome books on the bookshelf to give me motivation to get my work done so that I can crack them open.

The first is Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh. *sigh* I wanted to protest this book. I wanted to force myself to wait until it came out in paperback because I HATE having to buy a hardcover when I've bought the 8 books before it in paperback. And I would have bought it as an ebook, but this is one of only 2 series that I still want to have on my "actual" shelf. So I caved. This is the first book I'm going to read as soon as I reach my 10k writing goal.




The next book on my shelf is Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning. I read book 1 two weeks ago and immediatley ordered the next one. The thing I like best about trying a new series when all the books are already available is that...all the books are available and I don't have to wait! (except because I have other committments)






The third book I'll wait to read is Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire. I've heard good things and thought I'd give it a shot. Simple as that. I have no idea what it's about and no expectations, but I like going into a book open and free like that, and hoping for a good surprise. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

0 comments: