Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Have a break, have a Kit Kat

I admit it. I've been taking a break. Enter the large bowl of leftover Halloween candy.

Since finishing Dark Immortal in September I haven't written a word on any new wip, although I have done some promotional things like blog posts, interviews etc., and I prepared a proposal for a new book and started to flesh out ideas for another. I also had New Jersey to keep me busy for a while (both before and after). Then I needed sleep and lots of it. Halloween came and went, a few family functions, and before you know it a whole month has passed without me doing any real writing.

Huh, go figure.



It hasn't been until this week that I really began to think I should start to get a move on. Gideon has started talking to me late at night. Ever since book 1, he's been one of my favourite characters. A scientist at the core, he's methodical and deliberate, but also sweet and protective with a great sense of humour (Gideon is the one I based most closely on my husband, if you want to know). Becoming an Immortal really threw him for a loop, made him question everything that he was and all that he'd planned for himself and his life. He left Chandler at the end of book 1 in order to try and find out where he fit in this new world of Immortal and Demon...and found himself in L.A. where his journey became one of pain and loss.

But it's not only Gideon who has been talking, Lyssa is also eager to get a few words in. A very determined woman. One I'm still getting to know, but I'm already impressed by her strength and her determination, by her spunk and ability to see humour in everyday things, even after all that has happened to her. I can't wait to get more deeply into her head.

So I'm writing again, and I'm very excited about it! What have you all been up to? Are you doing NaNo? Have you challenged yourself in other ways to get something done?

This Week:
Drop by Allie Boniface's blog today to read my new interview.

Thank you to my friend and fellow author Shiela Stewart for dropping by on Monday, I had a great time with her, and if you want to find Shiela's books, visit http://www.lindenbayromance.com

I have another special guest here tomorrow, author Jenny Gilliam, who will be talking about keeping balance between life and muse, and giving us a peak at her new book, The Truth About Roxy.

Then on Friday, don't miss my guest Stormy Glenn, who will be telling us a little bit about herself and her new book, Secret Desires.

Oh, and don't forget that if you signed up as a member of All Romance eBooks before November 1, 2008, then you're eligible for their free book giveaway in celebration of their birthday. What are you waiting for? Go and get my book for free!

1 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

JK - I think it's good to take a break now and then. I know I really pushed myself during the early part of the year. I've only just started writing again after almost two months off. It's important to recharge.