Thursday, April 08, 2010

I am a Super Villain

So have you seen this commercial, it's the cutest thing EVER!

I've been thinking of the villain in this book. So far, he has remained unseen, steering events from behind the scenes while lesser minions take the stage and challenge my heroine. I know he'll have to make an entrance at some point, but I'm not quite certain I know what makes him tick just yet, so I don't want to bring him out. You see, this villain is a villain by circumstance. His heart wasn't always black and rotten. His motivations are not steeped in evil, but born of fear and desperation. I'm still trying to get to know him, but every little piece that I uncover turns a different light on this complex character.

How about you? Do you like your villains big and bad and very very evil, or do you want them to have layers that make you wonder what they might have been like if their circumstances and experiences had gone another way?

0 comments: