Thursday, June 04, 2009

Character Interview: Morag from Amy Ruttan's Enchantress: The Sorceress

JK Coi: Hello, thank you for being here today. Let’s start with your name and where you’re from.

Morag: My name is Morag, and I am from the North. Far beyond the ancient wall of Hadrian, I believe you call it Scotland.

JK Coi: What’s the biggest problem in your life right now?

Morag: Dealing with demons, leaving my loved ones behind and having to deal with the most annoying, albeit charming and sexy man I have ever encountered. Alfwyn drives me around the bend. He’s frustrating, infuriating and I have no idea why the fates have paired me with the likes of him.

JK Coi: Alfwyn sounds like quite the challenge, but I’m sure you’re up to it. But demons, huh? I kind of have a thing for demons. What kind of demons are these and what do they want?

Morag: Alfwyn will most certainly be a challenge, but what man isn’t eh? *wink* As for the demons, well these demons are evil, controlled by blood. You would not want to trouble yourself with these creatures. As for what they want, they want to control the world and enslave mankind. For some reason unbeknownst to me, the McKellar, their controller, wants me for his own. From what I know of the McKellar I know when he wants something, nothing and no one can stop him.

JK Coi: So, I hear you got yourself stuck out on the edge of a cliff in the middle of nowhere. You want to tell us what that was all about and how you got out of it?

Morag: I faked my own death, and in my people’s custom I was sent on a funeral barge at sea. I must have taken too much of the sleeping draught and my barge crashed against a rock. I do not swim very well, so I hung on. Fortunately, Alfwyn was there to rescue me.

JK Coi: Why would you have to fake your own death?

Morag: To escape the McKellar. He cannot have me if I am dead, he cannot use my powers either. I was hoping that by faking my death it would thwart him. I was foolish in my assumption. I know better now that he will never give up.

JK Coi: I can imagine that marriage to a demonic warlord might be something you want to avoid, so kudos to you for taking steps to get out of it, but I have doubts that this dreaded McKellar will just let you go. Why does he want you so badly, anyway?

Morag: The McKellar never gives up. As to the reason he wants me so badly, it must have something to do with my powers, though I know there are more powerful sorceresses out there. I am sure I am not worth the effort, still he is not and never has been the most rational individual, but he’s a demon and how can a demon be rational?

JK Coi: So you’re a sorceress? Is there much of a market for sorcery work?

Morag: I try to keep that quiet. I help those who truly need it. All I want is a simple life.

JK Coi: Okay, last question. Give us five words that you’d use to describe yourself and five words to describe Alfwyn.

Morag: I think I shall start with Alfwyn, boorish, pigheaded, stubborn, charming, sexy and kind … in his own way. I think I am pigheaded, stubborn, quiet, private and fair. Although I am sure Alfwyn has his more colorful expletives for my personality. *smile*

JK Coi: Well Morag, thank you for being here today. It was nice to meet you and I’m looking forward to reading the book and meeting Alfwyn as well.

Amy Ruttan’s Enchantress: The Sorceress is available now from Linden Bay Romance!

1 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

Thanks for having us here today!! :)