Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I was away this weekend, but between shopping and the beach and dropping in at no less than three home-reno stores, the family made a special trip out to have dinner with my parents to celebrate father's day.

What can I say about my father? He's never been a very chatty sort. He has something to say...he says it. We get on with life. As a kid I found him intimidating and unapproachable, and I think he felt he had to be that way in order to keep us all in line. But he's also mellowed...like, a LOT since his children have all left the roost and gone on to be productive, successful members of society. I'm glad to see it too. I'm glad that he's decided his job is done and now he can relax and enjoy the grandkids :)

As much as he may have scared the crap out of me sometimes as a kid (mostly during my unruly teen years, if the truth be told), I never ever doubted that we were always his first priority and that he loved us very much. And seeing the way he is now with my own son, and how that kid idolizes the man...it's awesome.

So I want to wish my dad a Happy Father's Day and send a special shout out to my husband, who is one of the finest men and best father's ever!

My dad and kiddo, working hard!!


Now time to cool off and have some fun :)




That deserves some ice cream for sure!

0 comments: