Monday, July 08, 2013

Rhys and Amy of IMMORTAL DUTY

So we're getting IMMORTALS MONTH started off by introducing the hero and heroine of IMMORTAL DUTY!

Immortal Duty (Immortals Series, Book 1)
Walking home from a late-night shift at the hospital, Amy Bennett unwittingly stumbles into the violent, mysterious world of sexy Rhys Morgan. She wants him at once, but he’s a man with dangerous secrets, and despite the explosive attraction between them he seems determined to push her away. 
One of the oldest of his kind, the intense Immortal warrior Rhys spends his nights on the streets of Chandler protecting the city from the demons that threaten to overrun it. He’s always been strong, but now he has a weakness…Amy. 
His gift of premonition has always been more of a curse, and especially since Amy’s death has been haunting his dreams. But she’s part of his world now, and he doesn’t know how to save her, or how to protect his heart.

I don't know how many of you know, but this book was my first ... ever! It was originally published about 5 years ago, and I'm very happy to have it out in the world again. 

I've always pictured Rhys as a scruffy, dark character, a lot like Clive Owen.


Amy is the perfect woman to challenge him. She's smart and spunky, but also sweet and soft. When I picture her, I think of Charlize Theron.





I didn't write the book with these characters in mind. I like to let their physical traits and personality traits evolve organically as the story evolves, but after I was done these were the familiar faces who fit the best. 

I always wondered, though, what would happen if I started a book with specific traits in mind, how it might change the way I proceed with the story. 

What actors/actresses do you find the most compelling? Which ones do you imagine taking center stage as the characters in your favorite books?

(All comments on the blog between now and the end of the month will gain an entry in my BIG month-end contest!)

1 comments:

Katherine Halle said...

OH WOW this sounds really interesting!! Congrats on getting your first book out there again!

I've ALWAYS pictured actors in book, I remember YEARS ago, I had "Lightning" by Dean R. Koontz, completely cast as a movie in my head, with Michelle Pfieffer and Micheal Biehn.

Of course that never happened and now I'd have to recast b/c both are too old to play the roles in the book. But I find many actors and actresses and even some musicians intriguing and end up picturing them in my head as I read.