Friday, December 19, 2008

This time of year I'm all about reflection, so because it's Friday and I don't really have a funny to share this week, I've decided to post one of my favourite interviews that I did this year. Why is it my favourite? Well, because it's not an interview with me, but with Baron from Immortal Kiss. And he brought along a few friends...

(originally posted at Jennifer's Random Musings, August 18, 2008)

JK Coi: Hi everyone! Jenn was nice enough to give me this opportunity to meet you all and introduce you to the hero of my latest book, Immortal Kiss, by asking him a series of “finish the sentence” questions. Um...unfortunately, in typical Immortal warrior style, these guys kind of tend to do what they want, and Baron really didn’t want to do this since he thinks he’s going to have to bare his soul to you all...oh wait, I think he’s here now. Thank goodness. And it looks like he’s brought friends—or maybe they’ve brought him!

Baron: Okay, I’m here. Let’s get this thing started. *looks behind him at the two warriors standing with their hands crossed over their chests, grinning like fools* I can’t believe I let you guys rope me into doing this.

Rhys: Better you than either of us. *shudders*

Alric: *laughter* Besides, kid. The rookie always gets the grunt jobs. You should know that by now.

Baron: Alric I swear, if you call me ‘kid’ one more time...

JK Coi: Um, guys? You want to cut it out? Geez, you’re worse than my five year old.

Baron: *glares over his shoulder before turning back to the audience* Fine. Get on with the interview.

JK Coi: Wow, don’t get too excited or anything there, Baron.

Baron: I won’t.

JK Coi: You have nothing to worry about, it’s not going to be an interview, per se. Even you can do this...it’s fill in the blank.

Rhys and Alric: *choking back laughter*

My name is: Baron Silver—No, it’s not a joke. That’s my name. You think it’s weird, check out the Neanderthal behind me with the name ‘Alric’. Anyway, what kind of boring name did you get stuck with?

I am: An Immortal. I’m not supposed to tell anyone, but what the hell. Really who would believe it? Not to mention, I didn’t ask for this, but it just goes to show you how fickle fate can be. Then again, living forever, never getting sick. I’m getting used to that. It’s a pretty good deal most of the time.

I love: ...Beer.

JK Coi: Come on Baron, how am I going to sell this book if you don’t cooperate with me?

I love: *shaking head* Oh hell, no. I am not going down this road. *Rhys clears his throat in the background. Baron turns to look behind him* No way, Rhys. This was not part of the deal. Why don’t you come on over here and tell everyone about your sappy love story?

JK Coi: *under her breath* Baron, we’re guests here. Just finish the damn sentence. Nobody’s asking for all your naked, wet details.

Baron: Easy for you to say. What was the question again?

I love: Max. Maxine Deveraux. There, you happy? I said it out loud. *clapping from the peanut gallery*

I dream: Of a world without meddling friends.

JK Coi: *glaring*

Baron: Forget it writer chick, you’re not getting that one outta me.

I wish: *groan* These questions aren’t getting any better are they? Fine. I wish that I wasn’t such a stupid jerk.

Alric: I think we all wish that.

Baron: Yeah, well you’re not exactly my idea of a good time these days either, Alric. How’s your love life holding up? *turning to audience* When is it his turn to come up here?

JK Coi: Could you clarify your answer to the last question, Baron?

Baron: I just meant that I wish I hadn’t been such a selfish jerk to Maxine for so long. Maybe then we wouldn’t have lost the last few years, and maybe I would have been there to make sure that vampire never got a chance to hurt her.

I wonder: When this torture will be over.

I know: That I’m not going to make it out of here alive.

JK Coi: Cut it out Baron, or I swear I will write you into a losing battle with a nasty slime-ridden Vargas demon in the next book.

I fear: *closing eyes* That this happiness is fleeting.

JK Coi: *blinking* What do you mean?

Baron: Don’t play dumb writer chick, you created this world. You created the demons that inhabit it—the ones that prey on human fear, the vampires that prey on human blood. You know as well as I do how difficult it is for us Immortals to live any kind of normal life with the fate of the world constantly weighing on our shoulders.

Rhys: Hey, Baron. That’s pretty deep for a prankster-pulling wiseass like you. You feeling okay? Got a fever or something?

JK Coi: Whoa. Baron, I didn’t know you felt that way. It’s a pretty cynical attitude isn’t it? I mean, that kind of outlook is harsh from someone with so much to live for, don’t you think?

Baron: *shrug* I’m not saying that I don’t appreciate every moment of happiness that I do have, especially when I can spend it with Max and my brother Jackson. But it doesn’t change the fact that this war continues, and we continue to place our lives and the lives of our families right in the middle of it.

I worry: I just do. Worry. That’s all I’m saying. Even more so now that I know how much I have to lose.

JK Coi: But Baron, Maxine is a very strong woman who can totally take care of herself. I don’t think she would like to hear that you give her so little credit.

I appreciate: Her. I do, she’s amazing. Capable and strong. For sure. But she holds everything I am inside her. I almost lost her once already, and I have to admit that it’s something I can’t get used to...this fear. I don’t know how Alric does it, especially with Diana being human and all.

Alric: *growling* Don’t talk about me and Diana, kid. Not if you want to keep that pretty face of yours.

Baron: Sorry man, but it’s the truth that I envy you your strength. Although I wish that Maxine had never met that evil vampire, in a way it’s a blessing that he turned her because I can’t imagine having to watch her grow old and die.

JK Coi: Okaaaay. I think we need to step away from the emotionally charged questions and end this with something a little lighter. Please, what’s next?

I look: Pretty damn good. Better than those two thugs back there, that’s for sure.

I read: Anything by Clancy or Coonts, Dale Brown. I like the military thrillers.

Rhys: *chuckling* You sure? I could have sworn that was your Nancy Drew book in the rec room.

Baron: Bite me.

I think it would be cool if: We did this interview with the girls. I want to know what Maxine would say about me.

Alric: No way, not me. Nothing good can come of that. Take it from someone who knows.

Baron: Considering your advanced age and all...*laughing*

I love to: bake cookies when no one is looking.

JK Coi: Um, really?

Rhys: *snort*

Baron: No. Not really.

JK Coi: So what do you love to do?

Alric: *laugh* Interview’s over people.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved this the first time, and I love it again! What a hottie he is.

Kelly Krysten said...

Oh, that's so cute! I didn't catch it the first time. Thanks for posting it here.:) Is Alric's story out yet? I'm really interested to see how his story with a mortal works out.