Wednesday, April 15, 2009

National Poetry Month

In Honour of National Poetry Month



In silence you came to me
A twinge that speaks softly
Of the link we will forever share

In innocence you smile at me
Joy and fear entwine
Into a stole that I forever wear

In sorrow you cling to me
Seeking guidance and light
And I whisper a forever prayer

In anger you rail at me
Pulling at my heart
A hurt that I forever bear

In love you give to me
All the reasons why
My spirit shall live forever there


by KC

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely imagery...and you've hit upon all the complex threads of a relationship. Happy Poetry Month, Kris. You've dared to disturb the universe!

Tiffany Clare said...

Happy poetry month, Kris.

very lovely.

Elyssa Papa said...

Fabulous poem, Kris. It was lovely!!!

Happy Poetry Month!

J.K. Coi said...

Thanks you guys. I wrote the poem this week for my son. Seemed very fitting.