Sunday, August 02, 2009

Lovely Vacation

Well, I'm back from my camping trip. I have to say, I was very impressed. Everything went off without a hitch. No traffic, no rain, not too hot, not too cold. We went hiking, we went to the lake, we played card games together and read books and had marshmallows on the campfire. The stars were so beautiful and the loon calls haunting. We had the privilege of meeting a bear as it moseyed through our campsite and saw a mother moose and her little one far off in the distance from the road. A little chipmunk also came by to say hello as we sat down to every meal. (I have a feeling he was interested in more than just our friendship, but in that he remains disappointed lol)

I admit, I didn't even think of opening up my notebook. I thought very little about writing anything except for a review for a book I finished reading. But now that I'm home I look forward to starting something fresh. The short story I wrote just before leaving for vacation made me feel great! It was quick and easy and the characters felt rich and right and strong. I can still feel the momentum, and I want to see where it takes me next.

First...today is going to be all about the cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping--ugh.

Take care and have a great weekend!

(PS pictures to come soon--I'm an old fashioned girl and have to get the film developed first)

4 comments:

Kytaira said...

Welcome back. Glad you had a great time!

Maria Zannini said...

Welcome back, JK!

Rolls of film...mercy! I don't even know where I can take film anymore.

J.K. Coi said...

Thanks you guys!

I know! Film. Geez. I've been asking for a digital camera for ages, but so far nobody has bought one for me :)

Shelley Munro said...

It sounds like you had a great holiday. I think all the laundry after a holiday is the worst thing! It seems to go on for days.

I think it's good that you didn't do any writing. Sometimes we push ourselves too hard and a complete break is a good thing.