Friday, October 02, 2009

A Visit to the Apple Orchard

So, let me just say YAY!! I made my 30,000 words in a month! I feel great about it too. This book is totally rocking!!

So what am I going to do to celebrate? Well, considering the book isn't done, I've already started my next 30,000 words! Wish me luck!!

_______________________

Last weekend, we went with my parents to the orchard to go apple picking. It was a beautiful day and we had a ton of fun! Here is my favourite picture of hubby and kiddo. Don't you just love these kinds of memories? The ones that seem so simple, but sweet as the pie I'm going to make with all those apples?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi JK :)
Thanks for the post.
And thanks for sharing the picture.
They look happy!
You are awesome, being able to make homemade from-scratch apple pie.
:)
Love & Best Wishes to you & yours,
Rob
xoxo

J.K. Coi said...

Thanks RKC! When it comes to my cooking abilities, I do the fall comfort food thing best. I make French onion soup, squash soup, stews, apple pies and pumpkin pies and cookies. But that’s just about it. Don’t ask me to make anything else :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like a ton of fun! I LOVE homemade applesauce, done in the crockpot! mmmm
OH and congrats on the words! :D

J.K. Coi said...

Oooh, and I could make applesauce! In the crockpot sounds like it would be too easy not to at least try :)

Shelley Munro said...

Yum, I can taste that apple pie from here. Congrats on cranking out the words. I wish that were me, but I'm in editing mode.

J.K. Coi said...

Speaking of which...

I better get to work :)