First, I’d like to thank J.K. Coi for having me. J.K. and I share a publisher. Although the two of us have yet to meet in person, we’ve definitely bonded over our love for hot alpha males and strong, kick-butt heroines. So, here I am, filling in as J.K.’s guest blogger!
In honor of the release of The Temptation, the latest book in my Forbidden series, I thought that perhaps I’d share a few wonderfully weird and random facts about the book.
First, I should tell you a little bit about the book. Yes, there’s an alpha male and a kick-butt heroine. See sexy male chest below on the cover. Do I find irony in the fact that my werewolf apparently waxes his chest? Not at all.
There’s a fine line between man and beast…one only the heart can cross.
A year ago, Jacob Madison got more than he bargained for during a rock-climbing trip to Yosemite. A freak accident left him badly injured, at the mercy of the elements—and the wolves who rescued him. If it hadn’t been for them, he’d be dead. He’d also still be human. Now he’s back, hoping to find out who he is and what he’s become. Instead, he finds smart, sexy Allison Connelly.
A forensic psychologist, Allison is newly divorced and proudly standing on her own two feet…until an unexpected storm shears off the snow bank she’s standing on. She plunges down an icy ravine, thinking she’s heading for oblivion. Then she lands in the arms of a tall, dark Texan. Jake.
Brought together by circumstance and bound by passion, secrets from their past threaten their future before it can begin. And somewhere in the mountains lurks a rogue Were turned serial killer. Whatever the danger Jake’s inner beast poses to Allison, there’s only one way to protect her—unleash it. Even if it costs him her love.
Warning: This book contains raging winter storms, truly inspiring sex, a kick-butt heroine, and one very hot, dirty-talking cowboy…who’s sometimes furry.
Read an Excerpt
10 Wonderfully Weird and Random Facts about Forbidden: The Temptation
1. Much of The Temptation, my very first werewolf novel, was written in a coffee shop named after an iconic vampire – Lestat.
2. The forth book in the Forbidden series was not supposed to feature Jake. The hot, dirty-talking cowboy made an appearance in The Revolution and seduced my muse into giving him his very own book. Jake can be very persuasive.
3. In an act of revenge my vampire Dell, sexy secret agent and sorcerer decided to pop up in The Temptation and steal the show for a few pages.
4. Baylor University, which is where the epilogue takes place, is my alma mater and where I met my husband.
5. Pine Ridge Ranch was loosely based on place I vacationed with my family near the Grand Canyon a few years ago.
6. In addition observing wolves locally at the San Diego Zoo, I watched Wolves: A Legend Returns to Yellowstone and A Man Among Wolves with Shaun Ellis, over and over. I think that Shaun Ellis scares me more than the book’s villain, Roane Devlin.
7. I learned about the Pawnee creation story a few years ago while on a tour at the Library of Congress and used it as the basis for Roane Devlin’s belief system and the motivation behind his killings.
8. As part of my research I used handouts my son received and notes he took while attending a workshop on how to blow things up at DragonCon. If they repeat that one this year I’m definitely going. Too much great information to miss.
9. My son’s friend Ryan asked me to put him in one of my books. That was the inspiration for the character Ryan. I expected him to have a small, bit part. I should have known better. The real Ryan has yet to discover that I make him wear an apron in the book. I’m not sure how he’s going to feel about that.
10. I’m currently spending my days with Wesley Atherton, the psychiatrist who introduced Allison to Dell and the supernatural world. He’s going to be the hero of The Sacrifice, which will be out this fall.
Available now in eBook at:
Linden Bay Romance
All Romance eBooks
My Bookstore and More
Coming Soon in Print!
To find out more about Samantha Sommersby and the world of the Forbidden, visit the author’s website http://www.samamthasommersby.com or MySpace Page http://www.myspace.com/samanthasommersby.