Monday, January 19, 2009

Good Monday!

I'm starting a new job today (same office, different position), and I'm not sure whether to be excited or nervous. Everyone at work keeps asking if I'm nervous. I wasn't...not until they started asking me and now I keep wondering if there's some reason I should be nervous. But really, this job is going to be good for me. I'll be working in litigation again, and after my hiatus in the land of intellectual property law, I'm looking forward to getting down and dirty with the legal mudslinging (just kidding...kind of). Anyway, why am I telling you all this? Well, the new job is going to make me a lot busier during the week (I cried when I found out it meant giving up my Mondays off), and it means I need to be severely focused about my time on the computer.

Aren't I glad then, to have such fabulous authors join me every once in a while and regale you all with their stories, their books, and generally take some of the pressure off?

Speaking of which, without further adieu, please welcome my guest today...author Elizabeth Jewell

GUEST AUTHOR: Elizabeth Jewell

My new release, Crimson Star, grew out of an idea I came up with for the Heat Stroke line of short stories at Changeling Press. That short story, Solar Flare, led me to want to know more about the background of the world I touched on. Who discovered the Crimson Star, and how?

This led to the invention of Trev and Ash, and their ship Lightning Girl, and the story of how the Crimson Star was found. I hope to continue their story in one or two more novellas, until I’ve found out what I want to know about this futuristic vampire world.

Buy Link for Crimson Star here

Elizabeth Jewell’s website: http://elizabethjewell.kabeka.com
Elizabeth Jewell’s blog: http://elizabethjewell.blogspot.com

Excerpt here

PS: Don't miss my next guest this Friday, January 23...Leah Braemel

7 comments:

Kimber Chin said...

Looking forward to hearing more about Trev and Ash!

J.K. Coi said...

Hi Kimber!
Thanks for dropping by today.
Trev and Ash definitely sound like great characters, and Elizabeth’s world building is very intriguing.

Leah Braemel said...

Congratulations on the new job, JK.

And a vampire sci-fi sounds really intriguing - and the length is enticing as well. These days I just don't have time for full-length novels. Nice to discover you, Elizabeth.

Amy Ruttan said...

Good luck. Working almost 10 years in Litigation, oh yeah mudslinging for sure.

You're full of pep you can handle the dirty ones. (Hugs)

I'm just glad I'm not doing it anymore.

J.K. Coi said...

Hi Leah, isn’t it great when we can discover a new author?

Amy, you know, I thought I was done with litigation two years ago when I switched over to IP, but I missed it. Huh, go figure.

Shelley Munro said...

Vampires and scifi? It sounds like an intriguing mix to me.

Congrats on the new job, JK. You have an exciting challenge in front of you. That's a good thing. :)

Katriena Knights said...

Thanks for the chance to talk about Crimson Star. I'm looking forward to Trev and Ash's next adventures. :-)